Joint-stock соmраnу design office for shipbuilding “Vympel”
Design Office “Vympel” was founded in 1930. It is situated in the center of one of the largest shipbuilding regions of Russia – Nizhny Novgorod.
Vympel is specialized in design of ships and floating facilities of various class and purpose, such as:
- Ice-breakers and Arctic vessels;
- Ships and floating facilities for shelf development;
- Research and fishing vessels;
- Tankers for carriage of oil, oil products and chemicals;
- Multi-purpose dry-cargo ships;
- Railway and car/passenger ferries;
- Passenger ships, sidewall surface-effect ships and air-cushion ships;
- Nuclear maintenance ships;
- Industrial ships;
- Auxiliary and special-purpose ships for the Navy;
- Bridge facilities for the demands of the RF Ministry of Defense, and floating bridges.
Vympel provides full scope of design work at all stages: from conceptual design to engineering support during ship building.
Design work is carried out in compliance with the requirements of the customers, Russian and foreign Classification Societies, International standards for quality, safety and ecological performance. The quality management system is certified to the compliance with the International Standard ISО 9001-2011.
Vympel specialists use modern technologies Aveva Marine, Nupas Cadmatic, Tribon ensuring parallel development of 3D ship model online for all specializations.
Vympel has its own model tank fitted with modern measurement system and software to perform ship hydrodynamic tests and for results processing in real-time mode.